Thursday 1 October 2009

Tapas and Santiago Cathedral

OK I have fibbed I reckon I have about 3 more posts - depending on how the world maps out.

Last night I did the tourist thing - mistake. Only redeemed by a quick diversion through a Tapas chain and a Sobranero back at the hotel.

Tonight a fantastic fresh spanish omelette bite with a Galicia Estella at a student bar by the History faculty and then a glass, or 2, of the worlds 4th best wine according to the Wall Street Journal and Clam Paella Tapas in a bar just up the road - I could learn to like Spain, obviously I just need more time and practice .. And the practice has a whole night to run! :)

But as spectacularly good as this sustenance for the body is, the Cathedral roof top tour, 2 pound discount for pelegrinos, is even more spectacular. The roof tiles are granite slabs and its more like an Aberdeen playground than the roof of a Cathedral, albeit without any grafitti, and just stunning views, history and 'gob smacking' - if you have the chance do it.

So at the risk of sounding like the Galicia Tourist Board - Santiago d C is great. And I'll be back - but for absolutely sure not 'on me tod' next time.

And then in a back street Mad Jan the dutch man on the grasshopper - he has made it all the way from Holland! And is so happy.

Buen Camino

1 comment: