Friday 25 September 2009

I met Jesus in the bar last night ...

Jesus Maria actually, a nice chap from Bilbao and, he was very proud to let me know a Basque, doing the Camino for a second time. He was great company explaining that the reason pork was so good in Spain was that in 1492 they decided to go Hard line Christian and so every one showed they were Christian by having and eating pigs! And he persuaded me to try the local starter - a family sized cross between tomato soup and baked beans with a bit of chorizo for extra flavour. Yumsk - though not everyone will have agreed in the middle of the night, I even woke myself up.

An early start and then stopped at the top of a hill for a brew (DIY) and to watch the sun rise.

Then a nice cup of coffee, maybe 2, in Mansilla de las Mulas with a Bacon & Queasa Bocadilla for lunch. Ahead of schedule, a bit, so maybe I'll push through Leon. We will see.

Otherwise all is fine though at this rate I will get scurvy , and my caffeine addiction is getting worse - with a slow start until I have found anywhere to do me a brew.

More later, and hopefully my spling is getting better too.

Buen Camino

Sent from my Nokia phone

No comments:

Post a Comment