Monday 28 September 2009

If I ever suggest doing something like this again ...

Do not remind me of:

How I felt 3/4 of the way to Roncesvalles on the walkers wet shale in the rain with my HRM at 175++.

How I felt at Roncesvalles in the evening wondering if my knee would force a 'go home'.

How easy it was to get a good nights kip.

How nice it felt on the day of O'Cerbreiro in the bright late morning sun when some one had stolen my legs and replaced them with ice pops.

Or the Leon bypass.

Or the long way across the Mesata into a HeadWind to Santo Domingo.

But do remind me of:

The Santo Domingo Refugio.

Meeting Jesus in the bar.

Montes de Orca

Cruz de Ferro

Burgos

Morcilla

Chorizo

Sunrise in the hills.

The hills.

The vista at O'Cerbreiro

Peace and Quiet

Serendipity

And the remembering you don't get owt for nowt.

In sum then ... When I next think of doing something this daft , who'll join me?

And in terms my family will understand , a flat day yesterday, but Tigger is back fighting fit.

Not just after seeing Gino again, a 70 year old Italian Canadian on a bike he bought for 10 Euros on his 3rd Camino! And we both agree on one thing at the end of the day that first Camino beer is unbelievably fantastico.


Buen Camino.

Yes, I am moving again - just 30km to PortoMarin, it just felt the right thing to do ... So this is my lunchtime report from halfway.

No comments:

Post a Comment