Tuesday 29 September 2009

Melide and ...

Target fixation.

It has just gone 1215 and I am sat down for lunch after a grand morning cycling. Leaving Portomarin in the mist with a 20km minute climb and the dew forming on each hair on my arms to then break out above the clouds into bright sun and be able to see them below in the valleys - win.

And a slight tailwind, not too hot, a grand coffee stop, nicely up and down hill with a lovely run into Palas de Rei where I even got more Ibruprofen. So 42 km in 2:30 (ish). And only 51 km to Mt Gozo. That poteen last night must have been a Galician druids special mix!

Remembering the golden rule, that most accidents happen at the end of a journey, that one should not get target fixated etc. The really sensible thing to do would be to plod on a bit and have a right gentle day tomorrow.

But I wouldn't be here if I always did the sensible thing. And it would be nice to finish 'in style' so 10 minutes to finish my Bocadilla load up some Aquarius (Spanish Isostar) and 'Game On'.

Muy Buen Camino

Sent from a bar in Galicia

No comments:

Post a Comment