Monday 28 September 2009

Portomarin

A lovely village that obviously makes its living from the Camino - It is mobbed and there is no room at the inns. And it will only get worse the closer I get to Santiago, maybe the tent and a practice camp were not such a bad idea. And I am glad I have my nice room with a fantastic view too. Serendipity? Lets see what the food is like.

The village is new, rebuilt after the dam drowned the old one and after they had moved the church too!

All bits still functioning though if I did not know better I'd suspect the gentle day has confused them!

Buen Camino.

Sent from my room

2 comments:

  1. Hope you managed a good meal Andy.I can remember
    Portomarin. All the stones on the church are numbered so that it was rebuilt exactly as it had been. Keep pedalling and "be careful".
    Much love
    Pa and Ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi this is an awesome pictures.I was not having any idea regarding this gland to read this article.
    Thanks for sharing it
    spielen

    ReplyDelete