Wednesday 30 September 2009

Santiago Lunchtime

It is difficult to express the range of emotions I have run this morning: elation at actually having done what (even I thought) might just have been a bit too much to hope to do, sadness missing friends and family, happy/sad that the adventure is finishing, wonder at meeting Gino at the Cathedral and, I suppose, a quiet contentedness that even at my relatively mature years there is still plenty left to be amazed at, more good than bad about, and that given a chance, much more often than not, 'it'll be alright'

So am I fundamentally changed by the whole thing? A better person? Mellower? I don't know .. But I do know I have had time to think, to reflect, to remember the difference between good and bad, thought and deed and what is important to me.

But serious bits aside, the whole thing has been a great mix of fun and hard work, carefull planning and cuffing it, real pain and real pleasure and to anyone contemplating the same sort of thing, stop thinking about it, JFDI.

Muy Buen Camino

Sent from Santiago.

No comments:

Post a Comment