Sunday 27 September 2009

Sarria

Any fool can be uncomfortable and the Refugios are getting busy, hot, noisy and I am getting weary.

So its camping on an empty campsite in the shade of the trees and no queues for the facilities, no working to everyone else's rhythm and fingers crossed a good kip.

I am absolutely shattered but set up, washed, showered, dhobi'd, cocoa in hand, phone recharged, with beer and food a few hundred yards away. And Santiago 120 km! That suggests as well as a mountain range I did 68 km today - it seemed much much further even with a rather fantastic descent (just have to come back and do it properly on a road bike but with V brakes).

Little in the book although there is a 14th century castle so if it is good food and a good kip I might not move far - just a shame there was nowhere nice left in Samos 10km away which is a small lovely monastery town - but rough with smooth and I am certainly mellowing nicely here.

And for the cynics - yes there is a bit of ' I have carted this ******** tent and foam thing 600km so I am going to use it.'

Tempting as it is to push to Finistere - unless there is a very good reason I suspect a quiet day tomorrow then 2 short hops to get to Santiago for Wed night, Thu in Santiago and then home Friday.


Buen Camino

(Weary but happy and not in bits.)

Sent from under a tree in Galicia

No comments:

Post a Comment