Tuesday 29 September 2009

Mount of Joy

The Mount of Joy, so called as it is the first point at which you should be able to see the towers of Santiago Cathedral isn't quite what it once was...

Developed in 2003 by the local government in a 1960's housing estate / shopping centre style it accommodates up to about 2000 pilgrims in perfectly acceptable but soulless concrete styleless fashion. I'm sure some one would call it a carbuncle if it overlooked Windsor.

But 3 Euro for a bed and shower gets my vote.

And with only 5km to go I could even hop it, for those who remember Ripping Yarns and Tomkinsons Schooldays, and I will if any one cares/to wager/ donate enough... By text before 10 local.

Otherwise, and as usual the original hop based isotonic local drink is marvellous, and I am sure the second one will be nearly as good too.

And 51km in 2:45 on a fully laden mountain bike I'd be happy on a training run.

Now dinner beckons.

Buen Camino
Sent from my Nokia phone in a bar near Santiago.

No comments:

Post a Comment