Friday 18 September 2009

The night bus to Bayonne

Ok I am on my way. On the European Bike Express to Bayonne. It is empty and I am rhe only passenger until another 2 join at Newport Pagnell. Then that is it 3 of us on 60 odd seater double decker bus with all mod cons and Jason the steward, tea, coffee a bar and a selection of DVD's.

Apparently it is quiet at this time of year, on the way South. And the revised times mean a few hours before Dover then a 1am Ferry and a few hours kip in France followed by a bacon buttie or 2.

It feels weird to finally be on the way, to have time to think rather than react . Hence too a Blog rather than the more ephemeral Tweet or Facebook. And my thoughts are with you all - not least with those about to do the Great North Run or not at home.

Buen Camino

1 comment:

  1. Thinking about you Andy -

    This is day two after the GNR - & I still ache...

    Stairs are impossible :o(

    Love Di x

    ReplyDelete