Tuesday 22 September 2009

Santo Domino de la Calzada

Ok' another day of just a bit more but after a lovely run up the Camino out of Logrono and a nice jaunt to Najera (after directions from a local biker who spotted me going the right, but wrong, way) I was an hour ahead of schedule and feeling grand ...

But it was a bit further, up a hill, into wind without anywhere to get water than I thought. It is amazing how much you can drink when you exercise ... But it was worth it.

Santo Domino is beautiful a medieval town / city with a glorious Cathedral and good bike shop and a lovely Hospederia run by Cistercian nuns! I have a room' my own bed a balcony that overlooks the town and a garden in which my bike has pride of place.

I have done my dhobi and it is up to dry, I have got provisions for tomorrow - more water! And re-worked my schedule to balance time, knee, hills, paths, tracks, weather and my own stubbornness (and a day off to settle before I come home) . So tomorrow I must get to Burgos any thing else is a win and so on for about 75 km a day (bar one downhill day which balances a nasty climb).

That said today will be remembered for Sudocreme' arguably the best fry up I have ever had ( and yes I ate the egg whites) and for Jan the mad Dutch man riding a grasshopper - all the way form home and with more techno on board than even I,d want!

And for the realisation that the Camino happens, let it, as after all, serendipity rules (ish) .

Happy, well fed and looking forward to a good nights sleep And no bunks and no enforced early start.

Muchos Buenos Camino

And why did I leave my camera on the bike? And why can I do TinterWeb but not voice mail?

No comments:

Post a Comment