Tuesday 22 September 2009

Logrono Lunch

First off I did not do last nights Refugio justice, tiny homely run by a Mum and soon with, by my reckoning, 7 if not 8 nationalities all sat down speaking pigeon european to a shared meal, with, of course Vino Tinto. Simple honest and light years away from McDonalds or Starbucks - I can not fault it ('bar the snoring which apparently was not me) and the sense of community will, I hope, stay with me fir a long time ....

As for yesterday's detail , the track to Zubiri from the pass at Erro is not impassable but it was V V treacherous and took 2 hours, a dropped GPS ( which smashed on the rocks but still worked to record position) and a bit more shock loading to/bike and rider ( and bits) than was advisable.

Then leaving Plenty la Reina, following directions even on the third try it was the wrong route to another dead end in a nature (not natures) reserve. So resort to a guaranteed route on the Spain on a postage stamp map from Pamplona Tourist office and that should have taken 2 hours max was nearer 5 and an extra 20 - 30 km.

So today has been roads to Logrono, lunch, not just 2 coffees (3 and grand omelette) a map and a phone charger. I have not spoken english for nearly a day and am now fully reversionary as even my phone refuses to do voice mail

The bike is settling down' as is the knee and I am planning on trying for Santo Domingo but expecting to fall short at Najera. And then re-plan, re-schedule and recover!

Buenos Camino

PS It is Rioja Festival in Logrono so the place is heaving and happy. Shame it is time to move on.

Sent from my Nokia phone

No comments:

Post a Comment